The JUNE 2017 ipsy Glam Bag was great! I had a nice spa experience for my face and my cheeks ought to be set for a while with 2 new products for my collection. Check out the 5 make up and skincare products items I received. Pictures and details below:
· This bag is very cute! Envelope shaped with a two tone canvas exterior featuring a smiling set of sexy red lips in an old school comic style. Interior is lined with a slick feeling black material. Finished with a cloud shaped branded bag closure, top zipper and piping around most of the bag, all in black.
NYX Professional Makeup
Whipped Lip & Cheek Soufflé
· This product is delightful! I get so excited when something is a MATCH for me! As far as coloring and ease of adapting this into my existing routine, this is! Versatility too, playing well as both cheek and lip color.
· One thing I’d like to note is that a little goes quite a long way… Which is great really! But I mean that for real, not a joke…the tiniest dot creates a flush of beautiful pink!
Glacial Face Wash with White Willow Bark
· In the tube, this facial wash has a marine tinged soapy scent. The soapy smell was strong during the washing as well, but the marine essence had noticeably dissipated.
· This product left my face feeling stripped of moisture; I was compelled to quickly apply a face cream.
Balm Springs Blush
· The shade of this blush is a nice dusty rose. It wore well in a single try test, so I’ll probably keep it in my “recently used blush” pile and see if I reach for it again.
Uncover DETOXIFYING MUD MASK
· The scent of the mask during application is pleasant, there’s a subtle essential oil blend going on there, not sure which exactly… The mask is an army green shade and slicks on in a thin, semi-liquid paste…I probably should’ve used a brush to put it on, took a bit to get it out from under my fingernails.
· Skins feels amazing after removing the mask. Oddly, it didn’t rinse away as the packaging directed…I started by peeling it (which it did without pulling on my skin) but then I started to rub gently and it rolled up like making snakes with a piece of clay. Very efficient and saved water; the residual effect on my skin was a reduction in redness/inflammation, nice scent (My Beefcake actually noted it) and moisturized skin.
Maxlash Volumizer Mascara
· I am kind of picky about mascara. Well ok, I’m kind of picky about lots of things, I am downright PARTICULAR about mascara. It’s like my main thing you know? So testing went like this:
Eye #1 - With eyelash curling and a precise, light application, this mascara created long, but not very full lashes.
Eye #2 – Same as above, EXCEPT I tried to add volume to the length I saw on the first eye…but going heavier only cause the mascara to weigh down my lashes, losing the length and overall looking droopy.
Photography below provided by FlirtwithFlavor.com