The JUNE 2017 ipsy Glam Bag was great! I had a nice spa experience for my face and my cheeks ought to be set for a while with 2 new products for my collection. Check out the 5 make up and skincare products items I received. Pictures and details below:
· This bag is very cute! Envelope shaped with a two tone canvas exterior featuring a smiling set of sexy red lips in an old school comic style. Interior is lined with a slick feeling black material. Finished with a cloud shaped branded bag closure, top zipper and piping around most of the bag, all in black.
NYX Professional Makeup
Whipped Lip & Cheek Soufflé
· This product is delightful! I get so excited when something is a MATCH for me! As far as coloring and ease of adapting this into my existing routine, this is! Versatility too, playing well as both cheek and lip color.
· One thing I’d like to note is that a little goes quite a long way… Which is great really! But I mean that for real, not a joke…the tiniest dot creates a flush of beautiful pink!
Glacial Face Wash with White Willow Bark
· In the tube, this facial wash has a marine tinged soapy scent. The soapy smell was strong during the washing as well, but the marine essence had noticeably dissipated.
· This product left my face feeling stripped of moisture; I was compelled to quickly apply a face cream.
Balm Springs Blush
· The shade of this blush is a nice dusty rose. It wore well in a single try test, so I’ll probably keep it in my “recently used blush” pile and see if I reach for it again.
Uncover DETOXIFYING MUD MASK
· The scent of the mask during application is pleasant, there’s a subtle essential oil blend going on there, not sure which exactly… The mask is an army green shade and slicks on in a thin, semi-liquid paste…I probably should’ve used a brush to put it on, took a bit to get it out from under my fingernails.
· Skins feels amazing after removing the mask. Oddly, it didn’t rinse away as the packaging directed…I started by peeling it (which it did without pulling on my skin) but then I started to rub gently and it rolled up like making snakes with a piece of clay. Very efficient and saved water; the residual effect on my skin was a reduction in redness/inflammation, nice scent (My Beefcake actually noted it) and moisturized skin.
Maxlash Volumizer Mascara
· I am kind of picky about mascara. Well ok, I’m kind of picky about lots of things, I am downright PARTICULAR about mascara. It’s like my main thing you know? So testing went like this:
Eye #1 - With eyelash curling and a precise, light application, this mascara created long, but not very full lashes.
Eye #2 – Same as above, EXCEPT I tried to add volume to the length I saw on the first eye…but going heavier only cause the mascara to weigh down my lashes, losing the length and overall looking droopy.
Photography below provided by FlirtwithFlavor.com
MORE ABOUT IPSY
I LOVE this service! I have been subscribing for a while and have NEVER once thought of canceling it. It’s a very fun package to receive every month. And as a person who enjoys make up, this one is seriously for ME!
First, you provide your personal beauty like and dislikes, as well as color preferences via a beauty quiz to help Ipsy decide what samples to put in your bag. Don’t like lipstick or eyeliner, just let them know! And you can retake the quiz to fine tune any time!
Each Month You receive:
5 high quality sample products of high caliber moisturizers/cleansers, hair products and cosmetics
I have received some killer tools as well, such as blending sponges, tweezers and make up brushes. SCORE!
At $10 for all this, the price is right too!
There’s also a referral program to earn free ipsy bags! In fact - Here’s my referral link! IF you order using this link I’ll earn 250 points on my personal ipsy account.